Do you have PCOS? Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know:
1. Fitness guru Jillian Michaels has PCOS. She has spoken publicly about her fertility issues and she’s the perfect example of how you can be fit and have PCOS too! It takes a lot of work but your hard work will pay off by helping you control your PCOS symptoms.
2. Just because you have PCOS doesn’t mean you can’t get pregnant. Curvy women with PCOS can get pregnant too. Reality star, Whitney Way Thore has PCOS and in a recent episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life talked about how “it isn’t likely in any universe” that she could be pregnant. Not true!
3. Women with PCOS may be at higher risk for dementia due to insulin resistance and high testosterone levels. If you have PCOS don’t wait until you’re trying to get pregnant to get treated. Treat the problems of PCOS early in your life so that you can live your best life ever.
4. Women with PCOS may want to consider Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) supplementation. Recent studies have shown improvements in blood sugar and lipid levels in women with PCOS who also took PCOS. Research has also shown that women who take CoQ10 during fertility treatment may also have higher pregnancy rates.
5. Women with PCOS should also consider taking resveratrol. Resveratrol is a compound extracted from plants like the skin of red grapes used to make wine. In a recent research study, women with PCOS who took resveratrol for 12 months had reduced testosterone levels compared with women who didn’t take it.
My blog is not in place of advice from your physician. Check with your physician first before you take any supplements.