Recent evidence points to high levels of cadmium and mercury as decreasing IVF success rates. Great summary of the research study here: http://www.examiner.com/article/ubiquitous-exposure-to-two-common-toxins-may-diminish-ivf-success
Some quick tips:
- Do not smoke cigarettes or sustain exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Do not eat fish high in mercury, such as bluefin tuna, albacore tuna, or swordfish.
- Do not utilize phosphate-based fertilizers.
- Avoid eating an abundance of organ meats, including liver and kidneys.
- If you work or live near a factory or coal-burning power plant, have your blood levels for these and other toxins tested; well-water and soil should be laboratory tested for contaminents as well.